Latest Press Releases
- The Scott Partnership Appoints Director Of Client Services And Business Development In North America - Jul 2012
- Microsaic Systems Appoints The Scott Partnership To Support Growth Strategy - Jun 2012
- Manchester Evening News Editor Joins The Scott Partnership - May 2012
- The Scott Partnership Appoints Former Golley Slater Managing Director In New General Manager Role - Feb 2012
- Synergy Health (UK) Appoints The Scott Partnership To Support Hospital Sterile Services - Oct 2011
- Cheshire B2B Agency The Scott Partnership Announces Second Acquisition In Two Months In Continued Growth Strategy - Sep 2011
- Strong Organic Growth Fuels Acquisition For Cheshire B2B Business Marketing Agency The Scott Partnership - Jul 2011
- The Scott Partnership Launches Corporate Communications Practice In Line With Growth Strategy - Jul 2011
- The Scott Partnership Appointed By Greenphire, Leading Provider Of Clinical Payment And Technology Solutions - May 2011
- RICS Appoints The Scott Partnership As Media Representative In China - Apr 2011
- The Scott Partnership To Present Short Course On Marketing In Asia Pacific At Major Laboratory Science Show Pittcon 2011 - Dec 2010
- The Scott Partnership Expands Life Sciences Client Base With New Client, Prism Ideas - Dec 2010
- The Scott Partnership Appointed By PRECOS - Nov 2010
- The Scott Partnership Selected As Agency Of Record - Aug 2010
- Appointed By Leading Contract Research Organisation - Aug 2010
08 / 05 / 2012 - Manchester Evening News Editor Joins The Scott Partnership
Cheshire, UK (8 May 2012) – Former Manchester Evening News editor Maria McGeoghan has been recruited as director of strategy and operations at The Scott Partnership Holdings Ltd., the holding company of specialist business to business PR and marketing communications agency The Scott Partnership.
With sixteen years’ experience of working with clients in the science, healthcare, chemical and environment sectors, The Scott Partnership is based in Holmes Chapel in Cheshire with offices in the US and China. They further expanded their portfolio last year by acquiring two specialist scientific marketing and PR companies Phoenix Marcom Ltd and Kapler Communications Ltd, which are both based in Cambridge.
Kath Darlington, founder and CEO of The Scott Partnership commented : “We are a North-West success story, with operations growing on three continents. Maria joins the team to lead the strategy in our two Cambridge-based businesses, both of which are experiencing the growth that our group structure presents. Her solid foundation in the North-West of England will be an asset to us and as such, Maria will also help us strengthen our footprint locally, both in the UK and Europe. Our solid senior team will be enhanced by Maria joining us, as we take the business forward to exploit our many opportunities.”
Maria stepped down from her role as editor of the Trinity Mirror owned Manchester Evening News and editor-in-chief of 20 weekly newspapers in early April with a 30 year career in regional newspapers. She oversaw the launch of a weekly business magazine during her time at the MEN and presided over record online audience figures for the website.
“The Scott Partnership is a real success story and I am delighted to be joining such a talented and enthusiastic team.” she said. "They are embracing new challenges in new markets and I look forward to working hard to help achieve TSP's future ambitions."
Based near Manchester, UK, The Scott Partnership is a specialist business-to-business PR agency for the healthcare, scientific, technology and pharmaceutical industries, which has grown to become one of the leading communications consultancies in Europe. Founded in 1996, the company’s accelerated growth plan has seen it establish offices in Boston and Shanghai in the past three years as well as recent acquisitions of life science agencies Kapler Communications Ltd and Phoenix Marcom Communications Ltd.